Percentage Formatting

KrashKit

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am a little rusty so forgive me if I am missing the completely obvious.

If there are 3 Columns:
Coulmn A is Target Stock Level
Column B is Current Stock Level (Which can be 0, > & < Column A).
Column C is Column A Minus B.

So I assume I can do the following via conditional formatting.
I don't want to add any further columns because the sheet is linked to a couple of google appsheets
When and item in Column B reaches 50% of Column A, the cell in Column C turns red. When it is above this amount it remains Green.

I would want to change this percentage depending of the part but I assume that just means highlighting them individually.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Formulae for conditional formatting C2 -

Excel Formula:
=B2<=A2*50%
- Turn Red

Excel Formula:
=B2>A2*50%
- Turn Green

Upvote 0
Thx, like you I am using MacOS. Is <= the same as ≤ and also it doesn't appear to like me selecting and entire column as a range. Any ideas why?

Upvote 0
Sorry should have read like this, made a slight update.

If there are 3 Columns:
Coulmn A is Target Stock Level
Column B is Current Stock Level (Which can be 0, > & < Column A).
Column C is Column B Minus A which shows as a minus figure when below Target Stock.

So I assume I can do the following via conditional formatting.
I don't want to add any further columns because the sheet is linked to a couple of google appsheets
When and item in Column B reaches 50% of Column A, the cell in Column C turns red. When it is above this amount it remains Green.

I would want to change this percentage depending of the part but I assume that just means highlighting them individually.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Upvote 0
Given you formula for conditional formatting in thread #2 please use that and give feedback.

Upvote 0
Given you formula for conditional formatting in thread #2 please use that and give feedback.
And I thank you for that. But in error I asked the wrong question which is why I made the amendment. I don't know if you or anyone else can help?

Upvote 0
But in error I asked the wrong question which is why I made the amendment. I don't know if you or anyone else can help?
I have seen the amended question - Did you try the rules I gave for conditional formatting?

As far as someone else's helping is concerned - Most of the times MVP, moderators keep an eye on posts in the forum - They would reply when they shall find the need to be there.

Need not worry - The forum is to help you...

But my suggestion is try the formula for conditional formatting I gave in thread #2 and revert just in case it is not working as intended.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back