Pie Chart Data Adjusting

calvinc123

Hi all,

I have a question about data adjusting for a chart in excel. I have data that I want to chart which is tied to a data validation. Depending on the option selected a certain number of rows will display that I would like to chart. Is it possible to set it to ignore blank cells in the chart area? It would be nice to get this to adjust automatically to the amount of data that comes up in each option.

Also, avoiding macros would be ideal, but I understand if its not possible.

Best,
C

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi all,

I have a question about data adjusting for a chart in excel. I have data that I want to chart which is tied to a data validation. Depending on the option selected a certain number of rows will display that I would like to chart. Is it possible to set it to ignore blank cells in the chart area? It would be nice to get this to adjust automatically to the amount of data that comes up in each option.

Also, avoiding macros would be ideal, but I understand if its not possible.

Best,
C
If one or more of the pie slice values is/are blank, the chart will adjust. The elements that are blank will still be shown in the legend. Can you explain what the adjustment you are looking for is?

Upvote 0
Im am mainly curious about getting the legend to adjust to the amount of data in the chart. - Hope this clears it up.

Upvote 0
Im am mainly curious about getting the legend to adjust to the amount of data in the chart. - Hope this clears it up.
One way to do this is to hide the rows with blanks for the data series. The pie slices will adjust and the specific series hidden will not appear in the legend. This can be done using autofilter, filter out blanks. I don't know what your data layout looks like, but same applies to series in columns (hide the columns for values that are blank).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dizze90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back