Pivot chart drill down

franzreif

Hi,
I have a problem with the drill down on a pivot chart. Normally I would expect that it shows the underlying data that leads to the number I can see in the pivot chart. But when I do the drill down it just shows me the number of rows of the biggest amount in the pivot chart row.
Is there a mistake in my logic? Or if it's correct is there a way to filter the drill down with a makro so it will just show the underlying data? I understand that the colums in the pivot chart are sums but how can I just drill down to the rows that have a "1" in the cells of the drill down.

Here is an example fil. If you click e.g. on the "6" in cell H7 of the "Categories" worksheet you will : http://workupload.com/file/tVCaZMdI

Thanks and regards
Franz

P.S.: Tell me if I should explain something in more detail (I'm using Excel 2013 and I'm not a native English speaker)

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You are drilling down to show all the rows that have Wheels as main group. Some of the rows have zero in the "week 3" data column, but those zeros are being included in the sum totalling 6 and so are reported in the drill down

Upvote 0
Are they as well included if I replace the zeros with an empty cell? Or is there any other way to just show the cells that have a "1" in them?

Upvote 0
What you are doing is not full functioning pivot. The same thing could be achieved by autofilter or sorting the data and putting in subtotals. I don't know how you can hide the zero on pivot, easy on autofilter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back