Pivot Table Chart - 2 Axis

jbodel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So I thought this would be easy but for some reason it is now allowing me to create a secondary axis.

I have a chart that is about 100+ rows long and 24+ columns.

The Rows contain Banking services
The Columns Contain a monthly Volume monthly Fee. See example Below.

ServiceMarch 2024 FeeMarch 2024 VolumeApril 2024 FeeApril 2024 VolumeMay 2024 FeeMay 2024 Volume
Act Maintenance$1,00010$1,05012$2,00025
Checks Paid$400100500140600180
Deposits$10020$20040$50070

What I would like is to create a pivot table where someone could select a specific service and it would show the Fee and Volume. Fee being a bar graph and on a separate Axis the Volume being a line chart. Seems simple right?

Well for some reason when I create the chart it does not allow me to click on the Volume Bars and change the Change the Chart Type. I have the fees in the pivot as sum and the volume as Count. See screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 3

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
This looks more like what I want, but how did you get the month tp appear only once in the columns section and the type? I thought i would see multiple months/years for volumes and fees

Upvote 0
I guess what I am trying to do, is have an interactive chart where my manager can select any service (from probably something like a slicer) and it would show him the volumes on a bar chart and Fees on a line chart for a period of time that is also selected.

Upvote 0
I have the Month before Type (order matters). You can. add Slicer and Timeline.

Upvote 0
Ok I am no expert in Pivot Tables but I thought I knew some of it, but I am still struggling. Sorry about that and thank you for your time. So this is what I get when I click on items from the options. And when you reference Type do you mean Service?

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
In your source data, your Month and Fee/Vol need to be split into their own columns. Your "Month" currently is a string a not a real date. You won't be able to get the split you want with the chart and the Timeline doesn't pick up string.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doritto305

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back