Pivot Table Columns Comparison Percentage Change

Ptables

Hello All,
I've been attempting to make some comparison's in a Pivot Table but have run into some struggles. I have a PT setup in Excel 2016 with 2 columns "Month" and "Year", and they columns represent sales data for their respective months and states in a corresponding row. As such I would like to demonstrate in my PT the Percentage Change of that month between the years. I have attempted to add an additional "sales" line to the values section.Here is have selected "Summarize values by>Sum" and "Show Values As" >"% Difference From". I have selected the Base field as "Year" and the Base Item as "Previous" I also attempted to try the latter with Base Field "Month" and Base Item "previous" neither of which are functioning. Any help or guidance is always appreciated.

I have attached two images. First what I have and second what I would like to accomplish. I basically need to remove the extra columns denoted by the arrows in the screenshot.

skitch.png

skitch.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best :: CD

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Could you post a portion of your source data table and the actual and desired PT using Excel Jeanie (see link in my sig).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back