Pivot Table Filtered - How to just show filtered data in pull-down menu from a different list?

olimits7

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a pivot table where lets say I filtered by "Continent: Europe" and then have another filter for "Country" but when I look at the country pull-down menu it's still showing all countries from all continents; how can I set this up so if I select "Europe" from the pull-down menu it will just show "Europe" countries?

Thank you!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
You can't. The dropdowns in pivot tables don't work the same way as autofilter ones. Best you could do is to use slicers instead.

Upvote 0
Oh ok, thank you! I tried using slicers and I got the same result. I added 2 slicers, one for "Continent" equal to Europe, and then another slicer for "Country" but in the country slicer it still shows ALL countries instead of just European countries. Is there an option I have to set in the slicer so it only shows countries that match the Europe slicer?

Thank you!

Upvote 0
It will still show them but by default they should be greyed out and listed at the end. Are they not?

Upvote 0
No, it still shows all of them listed in the slicer and not at the bottom greyed out. Could it be because I have those columns listed in the pivot table filter section? I can try removing them from there and just using the slicers only.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back