Pivot table in power query (on the excel not Power BI)

deniztopcu

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I would like some help making the following Pivot table in a "power query".
I have attached the final version of my file. Transpose is necessary, but due to too many titles, I couldn't.
Alidefne_1-1690014389841.png

Picture of the table below. It will make the job much easier and simpler in a situation like the first picture.
Alidefne_2.png

inpowerQuerypivot.xlsx dosyasını indir - download

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Why do you want to create a pivot table in PQ instead of using an actual pivot table?

Upvote 0
I don't understand. Surely you have to put the pivot table somewhere, so there are the same number of sheets either way.

You can't have multiple rows of headers in PQ so you are going to end up with very long column headers for most columns.

Upvote 0
I don't understand. Surely you have to put the pivot table somewhere, so there are the same number of sheets either way.

You can't have multiple rows of headers in PQ so you are going to end up with very long column headers for most columns.
I downloaded it as "pivot table report" it would be 1 page instead of 2.
I have a problem like this.

I am currently renewing with these codes.
VBA Code:
------------------------------------------
Private Sub CommandButton1_DblClick(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)

Sheets("Combined_Financials").Range("Combined_Financials_Sector").ListObject.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=True
Sheets("Symbols_Price").Range("Combined_Price_Sector").ListObject.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=True
End Sub
--------------------------------------------------------------
How do I refresh the "Combined_Financials_Sector" in the background.

Upvote 0
I still don't understand - whether it is a pivot table or a query result should not materially change the amount of space it takes up.

Your code is already specifying a background refresh.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Bir hatırlatıcı:

Çapraz gönderi (aynı soruyu birden fazla forumda yayınlamak) kurallarımıza aykırı değildir, ancak bunu yapmanın yöntemi Forum Kuralları'nın 13. maddesi kapsamındadır .

Takip etmeyi ve kuralın sonundaki bağlantıyı okumayı da unutmayın!

Çapraz gönderildi:

Yukarıda verilen bağlantı(lar)ı tekrarlamanıza gerek yok, ancak soruyu başka yerlerde yayınladıysanız , lütfen bu bağlantıların da bağlantılarını sağlayın .

Gelecekte çapraz gönderi yaparsanız ve ayrıca bağlantılar sağlarsanız, o zaman bir sorun olmamalıdır.
Bir cevabınız varsa, görmek isterim.
Eski kurallarınızda bunu bu kadar zor bulma. kendini göster.
Bunun bir çözümü olmadığını biliyorum ama kimse çıkıp da bana kendince bir şey söylemiyor.
sadece kısıtlamalar kurallardır... pehh

Upvote 0
It is really difficult to determine what your ultimate goal is. If your intention is to use PQ to GROUP data, it could be daunting, and you could run into that "Date as Header" problem (which can be overcome, but is a speed bump).
Also, I'm a huge fan of PQ and Pivot Tables (especially with the Data Model), but you might want to consider using Array formulas to create Data Validation lists and FILTERED tables to present the data needed.
SORT, UNIQUE, and FILTER are your best friends, and they have plenty of pals too!
Just a thought....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back