Pivot Table - just certain subtotals

sabsx

Hi!

I can't find a way to display just subtotals which are > 500k... :unsure: can anyone give me a hint?

regards,

sabsx

SQL was not developed by Microsoft. It is an international standard for working with databases. It is not a relational database.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
OK. Change the "20080318_4" argument to a cell in a record. That way a different result will be returned for each line. (Now it is always the same.)

Upvote 0
already tried this... then I get #value... but sometimes it works... and most of the times I get # value even though there is a number in the quote number cell

Upvote 0
SQL was not developed by Microsoft. It is an international standard for working with databases. It is not a relational database.

ok sorry, I referred to Microsoft SQL Server. Ofcourse the SQL (Structured Query Language) is universal. Moreover, MS-SQL Server was adapted from Sybase.

Good lord...have to be so specific wen explaining things on thsi board :eek:

Upvote 0
Then you haven't done exactly the right thing. Simply changing from the hard coded text value to a cell containing that value should not give an error.

Is that the correct field? Is it the field against which you want to check subtotals?

I think you must be close to the right answer. Suggest you keep trying and post an image if you're stuck.

Upvote 0
ok sorry, I referred to Microsoft SQL Server. Ofcourse the SQL (Structured Query Language) is universal. Moreover, MS-SQL Server was adapted from Sybase.

Good lord...have to be so specific wen explaining things on thsi board :eek:
Who was it? Something like, I might be a pedant but I like to get the facts right.

It is worth making the distinction 'cause the original post was confusing to those who really don't know about this stuff and are trying to learn.

Upvote 0
hm... can't say why it works now... just clicked refresh data...
So, all OK now?

Remember, you'll need to do 2 refreshes to get the right answer in the final PT as it depends on the GETPIVOTDATA results from the helper PT.

Upvote 0
my results look good to me now... I added macros for the refreshs... everything seems to work... thanks a million for your help!!! :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back