Pivot Table

diane072

I have data where a social security number is in column A, and the person's name is in Column B. The remainder of the columns are dates and hours. I also have a column for quarter number (1,2,3.4). I created a pivot table that will total the hours by quarter, by person. The pivot table only will show either the SSN or the Name, as they are in different columns. I want to know if there is a way to have both columns display on the pivot table. Sometimes we use SSN and sometimes we use Name to compare this data to other data we obtain. So having both display as separate fields would help us.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You should be able to add the Name and the SSN as Row items to be displayed. This will initially produce a total for each (which should be the same). You can then hide one of the total rows so as to reduce redundancy. I would put SSN first just in case 2 people happen to have the same name.

hth
colbymack

Upvote 0
Thanks that worked. I can live with the subtotals in there. It would be great to not have them show up at all, but that works fine. I woudn't take the time to hide those rows - some are 1,000 rows long.

Thanks!
Diane

Upvote 0
To remove the subtotals-

right click the pivot table, select wizard and then layout. Double click the first row field and then change the subtotal option from auto to none.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstapleton67

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back