Please Help! I have wasted total 8 hours of my Day.

chetanbhagat

I have an excel csv file with over 2million urls and their status. Excel don't go beyond 1.5 millions.

I have came across delimit software, it is good, I am able to open the file with all data. But no able sort, delete or do anything. Everything in that program is complicated and out of understanding.

I even tried splitting the file, but it didn't it combined all the urls and statues all together. What should i do? i have tested many programs from sourceforge related to excel and csv, none helped.

Totally wasted 8 hours of my day in just finding the solution for thing. Now i feel like crying. Can anyone help me please.? :(

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi and welcome to the MrExcel Message Board.

What do you need to do with all these URLs? That might help us to suggest an optimum solution.

Current versions of Excel will cope with 1048576 rows of data. Perhaps you could read the data into two, or more, worksheets?
Or possibly use two sets of columns on one worksheet?

Depending on what you need to do, Access might be a better option. That is generally harder to work than Excel but will cope with as many rows as you have.

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome to the MrExcel Message Board.

What do you need to do with all these URLs? That might help us to suggest an optimum solution.

Current versions of Excel will cope with 1048576 rows of data. Perhaps you could read the data into two, or more, worksheets?
Or possibly use two sets of columns on one worksheet?

Depending on what you need to do, Access might be a better option. That is generally harder to work than Excel but will cope with as many rows as you have.

I do not mind, if have to manage data in two or more worksheets and if there is header to sort things out.

I can send you the file, if you can do a little bit more help in doing that.

Upvote 0
Why don't you post a SMALL sample of your data
AND
tell us what you are trying to do with it.

I'd also consider one, or ALL of Ricks Suggestions !!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yap999

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back