Plotting an Average Line in a Combo Graph

WhollyUnqualified

I have built a combo graph which plots shop load (in vertical bars) and shop capacity (in a line), and I want to represent the average shop load in a straight horizontal line. Sometimes the simplest tasks can create the biggest headaches, right? I am finding that simply adding an additional line of data to the chart with the overage shop load is creating a line which adjusts for the shop capacity line, effectively adding that average to each shop capacity data point.

Any suggestions on how I can plot this solid, horizontal line for my average shop load? I know there are ways to enter a manual line, but the data changes regularly (linked to a SQL database) and I need this to be plotted programmatically.

Let me know if I am being too vague and I will post some specifics to illustrate my problem.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Below are the icons of the various subtypes of line charts in Excel. There are two groups of three, the first group without markers, the second group with markers.

When you select the chart type of the lines in your chart, make sure you choose the first of each group of three (highlighted below). These simply plot the data. The second in each group shows cumulative stacked sums: the second series is plotted on top of the first, and the third on top of that. The third in each group shows 100% stacked sums, with the total of all series normalized to 100% of the height of the chart.

These stacked variations are confusing unless you pick them on purpose. And you obviously picked one by accident.

B4AKwqu.png

Upvote 0
Jon,
Just as the simplest problems can cause the biggest headaches, so too the solutions to them are sometimes the simplest! I'm glad it was something so obvious to fix.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Dan

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COOT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back