Populate multiple templates with existing table

Luin29

Hello All,

I have been tasked with creating a macro that will allow for creating worksheets fasterfor the company's field technicians, and I have hit a road block.

My current project is to create a macro that will generate a series of worksheets (the number of which will equal the number of wells to be sampled) and populate these worksheets with preliminary data from a summary worksheet.

I have been able to write a macro that will generate the series of worksheets, which is based on a template I have created, but I can not figure out how to populate the cells in each worksheet. The data to be populated into the sheets is arranged in rows.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion, but I have already made that change in order for the script to skip row 1 which contains the column description (i.e. location id, date, and total depth),

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
So you see how the script works. So tell me what name in column A is it attemting to make two sheets with the same name. Do you have any empty rows in column "A"
Or then you must already have a sheet named one of the values in column "A"

How many sheets are in this workbook. I could write you a script that would show all the sheet names in a column for you and we could look for duplicates.
Try running this script in a test workbook with only maybe 10 sheets and see what it does.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I have already made that change in order for the script to skip row 1 which contains the column description (i.e. location id, date, and total depth),

Upvote 0
Figured it out. When altering the script, I added an offset to the line of code for determining the last row and counted one to few rows.

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you have it working. Come back here next time you need more assistance.
Figured it out. When altering the script, I added an offset to the line of code for determining the last row and counted one to few rows.

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back