Possible to hide pivot filter options that produce blanks

Sniklfritz

Hello all,

My issue is a minor annoyance more than anything. I have a pivot that I filter by 3 different hierarchies that have many options in each and can go down to 4 levels and deal with medical injury cases.

What I am wondering if it is possible is if I make a selection on one of the filter hierarchies it can remove options that dont exist in the other filters to save me from having to "guess".

Regards,
S

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Did you ever use slicers ? I think that's your answer.

Upvote 0
Did you ever use slicers ? I think that's your answer.
I have, but is there an elegant way to use them when the hierarchies could each have 50-100 choice combinations?
E.G. L1 of the hierarchy could have 8 options then L2 could have 8-12 each then same for L3 and L4.

So an example choice might be L1 Hazardous Substances -> L2 Chemicals -> L3 Flammable Chemicals -> L4 Petroleum.

And I may need to filter by injuries caused by "Chemicals" or I may want to know just "Flammable Chemicals"

Then after I choose I may want to know what types of injuries happened from flammable Chemicals but the 2nd hierarchy doesn't currently filter out null values... so I need to click through alot of the tree to figure out myself...

S

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back