Power Pivot Grand Average issue

MichaelSchulz

Board Regular
I have a Power Pivot table.
In the Values, I have a measure that calculates a percentage.
In the Rows, I have two fields and in the Columns, I have one fields.
This all produces the values wanted.

Next, I need one more column that shows the average of those values in each row.

The problem:
I can add Grand Total by selecting On for Rows Only but the option to Summarize Values By is greyed-out, so I cannot change it from a Grand Total to a Grand Average (anyone know why this might be?).
I created a measure that successfully calculates the average but since there is a field in the Columns section the result of that measure is also split out rather than having just one average of the values in that row.

Suggestions?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
the option to Summarize Values By is greyed-out…(anyone know why this might be?)
So I've just learned that this might be because I am using a measure in the Values area. If that's so, what are the alternatives?
Instead of placing a field in Columns, I could create measures for each distinct value contained in that field. However, the problem there is that the distinct values are variable and likely to change with the further updates/refreshes. With each update I would have to create new measures for each new distinct value. So that might not be a great way to go.

Upvote 0
You'd need to create a measure that performs a different calculation at the grand total level - usually done using something like HASONEVALUE.

Upvote 0
You'd need to create a measure that performs a different calculation at the grand total level - usually done using something like HASONEVALUE.
Since there is a field in the Columns area of the pivot table, how do I keep that measure from being 'split' by that column field?

Upvote 0
There’s only one measure. For each item in the column field it will show the value for that item but for the grand total it performs a different calculation. If you provide more detail, we can provide a specific example formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back