Power Pivot merge based on min/max values

mattymc84

Hi all,

I'm building an aged debtor report using multiple tables. I've used Power Query to format and transform all my tables and have now pulled them all into the data model so I can create relationships in Power Pivot.

My data table is a list of outstanding invoices, with a field called "days due", which is either the number of days until or past the due date.

I have a mapping table for ageing brackets, with the fields "min", "max" and ageing bracket e.g.
Min Max Ageing Bracket
31 60 31-60

How do a find join/lookup the "days due" field against the mapping table, so it determines which ageing bracket to allocate an invoice?

Any help would be welcome, I'm a DAX virgin.

Thanks

Matt

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Power Pivot relationships deal with exact matches, not with ranges. There are ways around it, but the simplest thing (assuming that your days overdue are integers), would be to create a complete look up table, e.g.

Days Bracket
1 1-30
2 1-30
3 1-30
31 31-60

Then link the days column to the column in your main table and you will be able to filter by the bracket, which I assume is your goal.

Upvote 0
Power Pivot relationships deal with exact matches, not with ranges. There are ways around it, but the simplest thing (assuming that your days overdue are integers), would be to create a complete look up table, e.g.

Days Bracket
1 1-30
2 1-30
3 1-30
31 31-60

Then link the days column to the column in your main table and you will be able to filter by the bracket, which I assume is your goal.

Thanks Gaz, I appreciate the response. This is something that I had already considered, but I guess I'll have to run with it.

Thanks again,

Matt

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back