Power Pivot - Occurrence Query

gmazza76

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Afternoon

I am trying to complete a query "Count" of how many times a holiday has been booked on a day and I am having a couple of issues.
As per the screenshot below I am trying to confirm how many times I have entered a holiday, but the holidays are shown as separate days on the file I am currently using in Power Pivot.
I need to be able to cross reference the "Entered Date" with the "Name" to confirm how many have been completed on the day.

Currently anything I think of would register the "Me" as having entered 5 separate entries on the 01/11/20 where I would only enter 1.
I am unsure of the best way of counting the below.

1601980063485.png

All help appreciated.
thanks
Gavin

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Afternoon @sandy666,

Ideally I want to be able to use the Count column as my Values in a Pivot Table.
Currently I have tried to Rank the order to give me an outcome, but if the same date appears matching the name it leaves an outcome of "2" and so on.

I am unsure how to do an "if" which I could do in Excel, but there are huge amounts of lines I am trying to calculate

thanks

Upvote 0
Sorry I am unsure what you mean.

Based on the pic above the result should be the outcome in the count column

Upvote 0
ie 5 holiday requests showing but authorised on the same day should equal a 1 if the "Name" is the same.
so the top line should equal a 1 and the 4 underneath a blank or anything so in my results for the pivot I can include the 1 outcome only

Upvote 0
that's it, but I am unsure of how to write this in DAX in 1 column.

Upvote 0
As the data is 1 part of a Table in PowerPivot.
The data in Power Pivot does various calculations and has formulas that identify a specific part of the data that needs to be the Values part of the table.
Currently when I pull the data directly from Power Pivot into the pivot table it counts each occurrence above as multiples. so the 5 lines above are showing as 5 and should only show as 1

So I need the calculation if possible to show in PowerPivot so I can use the "Count" as my calculation field

Hopefully that makes sense as I am not the best at explaining things

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweetkt327

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back