Power Query Issue

BrettOlbrys1

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning. This has not happened to me before, so not sure why this occurred. I have an external data file, and I am using Power Query to get data "from web" to a designated sheet in a second file. The data being retrieved is not a formatted table, it is all of the data in a specific sheet. The data is setup properly with column headers in row 1 and all of the data resides below the headers.

When Power Query retrieves the data, it has ALWAYS retrieved it correctly, with all of the headers intact in row 1, and of course it creates a formatted table when it is imported. When I just tried to do this again, Power Query is importing the data but placing all of the headers in row 2, with blank headers in row 1. This of course messes up my file because all of my formulas are now pointing to incorrect cells.

When I import, telling it to start in A1, so why is it starting is A2?

Thanks

Brett

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If you import the sheet, you should not be specifying a starting cell, the sheet brings everything. If there is one column that always must contain data, you can put a filter on the column to “remove blanks“. You would need to do this first, immediately after the connect to sheet step. In future, if there is no first blank row, this step will be ignored. If it is there, it will be removed.
as to why? IDK. Maybe there is a hidden carriage return, or something.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back