Power query to pull a specific cell on a specific sheet

Reecenorman1996

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i have around 70 excel workbooks each employee has 1 for every month all identical and saved in there own folders under a master folder i need to pull the total average from every one , i can can them to show on PQ but its shows all the other values in that column which i don't need , any help would be much appreciated
1691147541705.png

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
I assume you mean “keep the number 73.9” in this example. to do that, you need to find a way to filter just that row. It seems to me you could filter on “% towards“ and keep only rows that =1 to achieve this.

Personally, I would load all the data in case you need it later

Upvote 0
I assume you mean “keep the number 73.9” in this example. to do that, you need to find a way to filter just that row. It seems to me you could filter on “% towards“ and keep only rows that =1 to achieve this.

Personally, I would load all the data in case you need it later
thank you ill give this a try

Upvote 0
When you pull data in from the folder, you'll first be presented with a table like this:
1691761114891.png

Note that you should filter this table to prevent unwanted files from being included in the list before expanding the Content such as converting the Extension column to lower case, filtering it for only the extension you want, and filtering the Name if the files you need have names that have a pattern.
Once you've made sure you have only the files you want, click the double down arrow in the top right corner of the Content header. Power Query will then generate a function and pass all the individual files through that function and combine (Append) them. You'll end up with new Queries, a Function, and a Sample File like this:
1691761420366.png

Do NOT edit the fx Transform File function! Editing the Transform Sample File query will modify the fx Transform File function and perform the changes you made to the Transform Sample File query to all the files selected in the folder. If the structure of all the files IS identical, you should be able to transform all of the tables into the cell you need, and the final query will have two columns - a Source.Name column with the name of the source file, and Column1 which will have the cell you extracted using the Transform Sample File query.

Once you do it, it won't seem so confusing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmavishnu413

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back