Power View via SharePoint SQL 2012

tbobolz

Board Regular
Hi All, I am a little new to what is available in Sharepoint 2010 and have a quick question. My company only has Excel 2010, Win7, Sharepoint 2010 and SQL 2012 version. I have made some amazing dashboards with Power Pivots and some VBA creativity. At the same time I am creating SharePoint Power Pivot Galleries and departmental dashboard and would love to levage the POWER VIEW capabilities of Share Point.

So, we do not have Power BI and I understand Power View is not available in Excel until the 2013 version. But I have heard it is avaiable in SharePoint 2010. Does this mean I can access a Power View "driver" in Sharepoint to create my maps from 2010 Excel Power Pivots and data. Or is it required that I have Excel 2013 for it to work in SharePoint 2010.

Thanks for the advice.

Terry

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
The good news is I *do* believe what you are asking is possible. RDLX files are what you are trying to create, and they are created directly in Sharepoint. The bad news... is I don't actually remember *how* to get to that functionality, or maybe what "Features" to turn on in Sharepoint if that is not there...

Upvote 0
The good news is I *do* believe what you are asking is possible. RDLX files are what you are trying to create, and they are created directly in Sharepoint. The bad news... is I don't actually remember *how* to get to that functionality, or maybe what "Features" to turn on in Sharepoint if that is not there...

Thanks, I guess what I dont know is.... Are the functions of Power View completely operated with-in the SharePoint add-in? Or would I need addional software as we only have Excel 2010 and Share Point 2010.

Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure it is a 100% sharepoint experience. I mean, I *know* there is a power view report builder in Sharepoint to build the rdlx files.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back