Powerpivot field list is grayed out

mdrew9

Board Regular
After running Excel 64 bit for a while I had quite a bit of conflicts with other work related add ins. I decided to go back to 32 bit. I uninstalled Excel, PP, and reloaded the appropriate versions of each. Now when I open up power pivot files the file list is there on the right side of the window but is blank and grayed out. The PP Window opens normally and I seem to be able to create measures but I cannot get the field list to show up.
My next test was to start a new powerpivot workbook, same issue? Any ideas? I searched quite a bit obviously and I did not find any solutions.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I used to have this issue when running on Windows XP. Once I went with Windows 7 it never came back.

One way to fix it, I remember, was to change the PowerPivot language (Under settings in the PP menu), close Excel, get back in and change it back to your original language. As crazy as it sounds, it would work for me.

Upvote 0
I followed Debras’ tutorial on PowerPivot from Identical Excel Files; I was able to make and it works wonderful, I am able to load data to the existing excel files and the power Pivot table updates beautifully, however a wise trick is needed as the dates column command is grayed out and the group and ungroup dates feature is disabled L making it impossible get quarters, monthly or years. Any workaround on this particular issued? I ran it on excel 2013. Please see thread: http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2010/09/06/powerpivot-from-identical-excel-files/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbhoola

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back