PowerQuery question: how to make my 2nd column become my top row (or even the header row)?

ExcelOnTheClock

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I'm new to PowerQuery and loving it so far. I have some ETF prices I pulled from Yahoo Finance and pulled into PowerQuery. I have manipulated it into the following (Table 1):
r/excel - PowerQuery question: how to make my 2nd column become my top row (or even the header row)?

I want the data to look like the following (Table 2). Essentially, I want the "Ticker" column to instead by Header Row, if possible.
r/excel - PowerQuery question: how to make my 2nd column become my top row (or even the header row)?

I thought a good way to do this would be to Unpivot the Ticker column, or perhaps the other 2 columns. However, when I do that, I under up with something like Table 3:

I guess I really don't understand Unpivot very well. How can I make data look like Table 2? Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Choose the Ticker column, then Pivot Column, with Price as the Values Column. unPivot is for going the other way.

1669913778307.png

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back