PQ Combine multiple sheets into summary/dashboard

duranimal86

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have done some basics with Power Query, but I have a need that is beyond my limited skills. So I am turning to my favorite experts here for some help. I have created multiple workbooks with analytics where users input descriptions and amounts for the different accounts. There are 6 identical workbooks, 1 for each Company, and I need to create a summary to view the all of the info from all of the workbooks for review at the consolidated level. So instead of having to flip between the 6 workbooks, I would like to have them lined up and displayed horizontally (Company A, Company B, Company C, etc...). Each of the workbook sheets have the same columns and the same list of accounts (1-32), but there could be different numbers of rows per Account depending on how many explanations were added for that particular account.

So as an example below shows 3 different Companies with the same columns and the same #s, but with different amount of rows for each #.
CompanyACompanyACompanyACompanyBCompanyBCompanyBCompanyCCompanyCCompanyC
#DescriptionAmount#DescriptionAmount#DescriptionAmount
1​
1​
1​
1​
2​
1​
2​
2​
1​
3​
2​
2​
3​
3​
2​
3​
3​
3​
4​
4​
4​
4​
4​
4​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​
5​

I basically want to align everything by the Account #s and end up with something similar to this:

#CompanyA.DescriptionCompanyA.AmountCompanyB.DescriptionCompanyB.AmountCompanyC.DescriptionCompanyC.Amount
1​
A1$B1$C1$
1​
A1$C1$
1​
C1$
2​
A2$B2$C2$
2​
B2$C2$
2​
B2$
3​
A3$B3$C3$
3​
A3$B3$
3​
A3$
4​
A4$B4$C4$
4​
A4$B4$C4$
5​
A5$B5$C5$
5​
B5$C5$
5​
C5$

I would also need a way to include the different Company Names to each section, either something like Appending them to the Column names or as a header over that particular section/group. Hopefully that all made sense. I appreciate any help or guidance on this. Also, I am not completely set on using PQ if there are other suggestions, that just seemed like the best option in this case.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back