Pricing Model change log

Ducklings23

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I want to build a change log for a pricing model I'm running. What I want to do is be able to note what each change is, what the change is to the overall price as a result, and what the new price is for each instance. I want it to build up so that I'll be able to generate a waterfall chart showing the bridge of all these changes from the original price to the new. I've got a table in which I can list these changes manually which is fine but I'd like to make it more intelligent if possible. I'd like to automate capturing a copy of a summary table I have on another sheet following each change or update alongside my change list, if possible. I don't want to end up with loads of versions of my model, I just want to make sure I can capture the build up of changes to the overall price accurately.

Any ideas? Thanks all

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
can you provide some mini examples (using the xl2bb add in - link below) of your model and the summary table?
If you can't use the add in, then please post the data as a table (copy and paste).

Upvote 0
Thanks for your response. On reflection, I think what I'm asking is can I create a button that can copy and paste a specific range of cells (the summary table) as values or a screenshot. I want to be able to repeat that process for each change to the price I make. And ideally, have that screenshot or copied cells collapsed into one cell on my change log tab so that I can click on it to review if necessary, other wise its hidden. The change log and summary are on different tabs within the same workbook, but are basic in nature. Below is a screenshot for info. I'd like to have a button in each of the yellow cells that I can click to capture a copy of the summary table in the other tab following the change described in that row of the change log. Then ideally have that screenshot or copied data collapsed into the cell to the right on each row in Col G. I hope that makes sense!

Change log.pngSummaries.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back