Print filename on all printed documents (100'

forensics1

I do computer forensic, accounting, and legal work. I have to print out thousands of excel and word files WITH the file name printed (as either a footer or header). The reason I need to print the file names is for legal purposes--I need to identity the file name of the document.

I print out documents via mycomputer. I highlight around 40-50 files, right click, and select print. The files print out in a random order.

How do I get every existing document to print with its file name? I created folders named: word docs, excel files, pdf files, text files, etc.

I found an interim solution, and that is to print a "cover sheet" of the document properties (which contains the file name). I then have to manually write the file name on the printed document.

Some people have suggested that I use a macro, file scripting to cycle through files in a folder and apply a footer of &[file] automatically. How do I do this?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back