Print multiple excel files from a list of filenames

airborne4905

I have a folder that contains around 1000 or so excel files, each one is a separate purchase order. I get a stack of packing list from everything we received that day (20 - 50 everyday). I then have to open the folder and scroll up and down the page to find each purchase order that matches the packing slip. After highlighting them all I then right click and print. This opens and prints each invoice. Granted this is not very hard, but can be time consuming.
The questions I have is that....

1. After the file opens and prints it always prompts me to save any changes even though I have not made any. So I still have to click yes or no it doesn't matter to me wither way. Is there a way around that?

2. Is there a free program or something I can get that will let me just type the file name of each purchase order I need to print from that folder instead of having to scroll up and down the page?

File name are like 012599rd, 012600jn, 012601jn, 012602rh etc...

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
one way you can do it is as follows, not sure how much it will help but it is quicker.

1. open excel
2. go file, open, then go to the folder where all your excel files are
3. hold control to select all the ones you want to print
4. after all are selected, don't click open, click the down arrow next to tools and choose print, it should just open the sheets then close them.

Upvote 0
That does the same thing that I am doing now. I don't want to have to scroll through the files to find each and I don't want to have to answer yes or no for the saving part for every file

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back