Printing sequential numbers

BMI

I have created a form in excel. I will be using this form to print many duplicates of the same form but I need the forms to have numbers sequentially printed on them (ie. Ticket 001, 002, 003, etc.) Is there a way to make excel do this?

If so, can I print form numbers 001-303 and then come back later and tell excel to start printing the form using the beginning number 304-477 or whatever number I choose? Thank you!:p

I am needing the same sort of set up. I have a form that requires that these sequential numbers populate a cell in a spreadsheet when printed. I am trying to use the code above, but Im afraid I dont know how to use it. Could you detail how I might insert this code into excel so that the numbers requested by the code populate a certain cell while printing?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
If you just need two copies printed out, this might work:

Code:
Sub PrintJobs()
Dim i As Long, startnum As Long, lastnum As Long

startnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the first job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)
    lastnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the last job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)

For i = startnum To lastnum
        Range("B1").Value = i
        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut copies:=2
    Next

End Sub

about this code, i'm already using this for a month, but i just wondering if this code can print in descending (100, 100, 99, 99. . . 2, 2, 1, 1) instead of ascending (1, 1, 2, 2. . 99, 99, 100, 100) ??
can you help me what would be the code?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
thank you for the information as it worked perfectly but only problem is in every cell or row i click it shows the printing option so is it possible to make it print only clicking the specific cell.
Eg: if B1 is the cell value than i want print option to be active if clicking the specific cell (B1)

Thank you

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can I ask help on how to print multiple sequential numbers in different cells? The numbers in each cells will increment every after printing.

Example at Cell(B2) = 001 to 010
Cell(D2) = 100 to 110
Cell(E2) = 200 to 211
and so on....

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can I ask help on how to print multiple sequential numbers in different cells? The numbers in each cells will increment every after printing.

Example at Cell(B2) = 001 to 010
Cell(D2) = 100 to 110
Cell(E2) = 200 to 211
and so on....

Upvote 0
Hello,

Can anyone make me macro code for printing sequential numbers:

first printing document:
G13=105
G14=105

G31=106
G31=106

Next printing document:
G13=107
G14=107

G31=108
G31=108

And so on.....

Upvote 0
You can use a macro such as this:

Code:
Sub PrintJobs()

startnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the first job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)
    lastnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the last job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)

Range("B1").Value = i
        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut
    Next

End Sub

Hi,

I'm new to excel macros - I'm trying to print off a number of invoices that increase invoice number with each print. Have done the macros to do this for single print and I'm trying to figure out your macros to do multiple prints!

Can you advise on what to put in the 1,,,,,,1 bit as I think that's where I'm messing up.

This is my formula:

Range("E46:F47").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 + 1
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut copies:=1

startnum = Application.InputBox("31", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)
lastnum = Application.InputBox("122", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)

Range("E46:F47").Value = i
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut copies:=2
Next

End Sub

I need to print from page 31 to 122 - any help?

Thank you!!

Upvote 0
Hi btadams,Amazed about your brilliance! your code is very helpful to me especially that i have no single idea about macro. BTW, do you think it is possible that instead of adding value 1 to each series we can use the value of 2? i have been trying to change all figures of 1 to 2 but i have no luck. it is because i cannot understand the whole formula thing. Say, the first job number is Code #0001 then the next job number becomes "#0003" not #0002 which the code below will generate. Thank you very much for your time =)LoveBird Cloud9
You can use a macro such as this:
Code:
Sub PrintJobs()Dim i As Long, startnum As Long, lastnum As Long    startnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the first job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)    lastnum = Application.InputBox("Enter the last job number to be printed", "Print Job Number", 1, , , , , 1)    For i = startnum To lastnum        Range("B1").Value = i        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut    NextEnd Sub

Upvote 0
I'm trying to do something similar. We've decided to create our own MRIS slips for material issuing. I've created a form in Excel and had a coworker help me with the macro as I'm very inexperienced with code. I have 2 forms per page and he was able to set it up so they continue in order after each print. Is there a way to do this so we are able to print say 100 copies and it will number them automatically? For example, I want cell F1 to have 2000000 and cell F24 to have 2000001. and then on the next page -02 and -03 and so on. Right now it's a bit time consuming to print how I am with the quantities we go through. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back