Printing sequential numbers

BMI

I have created a form in excel. I will be using this form to print many duplicates of the same form but I need the forms to have numbers sequentially printed on them (ie. Ticket 001, 002, 003, etc.) Is there a way to make excel do this?

If so, can I print form numbers 001-303 and then come back later and tell excel to start printing the form using the beginning number 304-477 or whatever number I choose? Thank you!:p

Hi Mr. Excel,
What would need to be added to this code to:
-- place the sequential number in an exact cell location so it prints on the form in the right place (not at the top); and
-- add a leading zero to a number based on a date, e.g., 050818-01 ?
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi Mr. Excel,
What would need to be added to this code to:
-- place the sequential number in an exact cell location so it prints on the form in the right place (not at the top); and
-- add a leading zero to a number based on a date, e.g., 050818-01 ?
Thank you!

Upvote 0
I created a documents that needs to have control numbers, examples are 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005,1006,1007,1008,1009 and 1010.

Upvote 0
hI, I having a hard time understanding what macros is?
can i ask help from you guys.
same with the problem of BMI.

"I will be using this form to print many duplicates of the same form but I need the forms to have numbers sequentially printed on them (ie. Ticket 001, 002, 003, etc.) Is there a way to make excel do this?

If so, can I print form numbers 001-303 and then come back later and tell excel to start printing the form using the beginning number 304-477 or whatever number I choose? "

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Upvote 0
This is almost completely perfect for what I'm looking to do except I need the number to be on each sheet of the print job. I am printing a workbook with about 10 pages, each of which should have the "ID number" of that particular workbook. So, all pages of the first printjob of 10 pages will be 10001, on the next printjob all 10 pages will have 10002 on them... and so on. This will save me a whole lot of handwriting!

I tried messing with the range in the first macro you gave and also variations of ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut.

Upvote 0
i keep getting an error 6 my code is exactly as above, we normally use numbers are are 200*******, 10 digits total, we have transitioned to 10 digits starting with 500*******, how to I adjust the formula to account for this larger number

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back