Printing to a Zebra label printer

pack605

Hello all,

I just picked up a Zebra GK420d label printer and would like to print mailing labels on 4 x 6 labels. I can't seem to figure out a way to get them to print correctly. The PC that will be using it is on Office 2010.

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hi there. A lot will depend on what printer drivers you have installed. Drivers from seagull work well and are written specifically for zebra printers. Here is a link to the drivers for your printer. Zebra GK420d - EPL Printer Drivers | BarTender by Seagull Scientific
If you already have these (or after installing them) set up a dummy sheet in excel (I assume since you asked the question in excel forum thats what you want to use) and then set all margins to 0 (maybe a couple of mm on the left).
I would also suggest you have a look at using the free designer software from Zebra, ZDesigner. Its pretty good at many things, a bit basic in others (if you are wanting variable data from excel then this won't be for you).

Upvote 0
Hi there. A lot will depend on what printer drivers you have installed. Drivers from seagull work well and are written specifically for zebra printers. Here is a link to the drivers for your printer. Zebra GK420d - EPL Printer Drivers | BarTender by Seagull Scientific
If you already have these (or after installing them) set up a dummy sheet in excel (I assume since you asked the question in excel forum thats what you want to use) and then set all margins to 0 (maybe a couple of mm on the left).
I would also suggest you have a look at using the free designer software from Zebra, ZDesigner. Its pretty good at many things, a bit basic in others (if you are wanting variable data from excel then this won't be for you).

I have the printer set up with the drivers from Zebra and it works fine when printing a label from eBay, but not Excel (or Word for that matter). I looked for the ZDesigner software but only find a demo and licence version.

Upvote 0
I have the printer set up with the drivers from Zebra

that doesn't sound like you tried the suggested driver that is specifically made for window's applications like excel and produced by Seagull Scientific, not Zebra

Upvote 0
that doesn't sound like you tried the suggested driver that is specifically made for window's applications like excel and produced by Seagull Scientific, not Zebra

Just uninstalled and reinstalled it using the Seagull driver and still have the same issue.

Upvote 0
Just uninstalled and reinstalled it using the Seagull driver and still have the same issue.
So I can try to help further, can you be more specific in what the issue is - does the printer produce anything at all? Does a print job appear on the printer's queue? Any error messages?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back