Problem entering data

Alianza

I'm having a weird problem entering data using excel 365. I have a spreadsheet workbook which resides in a NAS so I can access it from different computers at home. The file is 2,111 KB. All my computers are running Excel 365. The workbook has several worksheets, each containing an excel table of the same structure as all the other worksheets, i.e., same column headings on each table. On one of my computers I have no problems with this file.
On another of my computers I have a problem when trying to enter data. The problem is as follows:
==> I open the file, ==> go to the worksheet on which I need to enter data, ==> go to a specific record (row) and enter data on several cells (so far so good) ==> then I go to the next record on which I need to enter data, when I attempt to enter data on the cells requiring it excel freezes. At this point I have to close excel then re-open the workbook and see that the data I tried to enter when excel froze is there. Now I try to enter the remaining data in that record and find that sometimes it allows me to enter the data and sometimes excel freezes again; in the cases when I can fill in all the data in the record, when I try to enter data in the next record the same thing happens again. I would appreciate any input on this problem, how to solve it, or how to go about finding what causes it. I have uninstalled office 365 on the problem computer and reinstalling it, but this did not solve the problem. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Would you have sheets with lots of volatile functions and/or conditional formatting?
Does the problem stay if you disable automatic calculation ?

Upvote 0
I do not have volatile functions (at least I do not think I do); however, I do have conditional formatting. I will try disabling automatic calculation, then I will post a reply again. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I checked the automatic recalculation. When I changed it to manual the problem got resolved. Then to see if the problem would persist if I changed the calculations back to automatic, I found that the problem wasn't there anymore. Thank you for your help, this solution will save me a lot of time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back