Problem with Radio Button's format control

darcyfournier

Board Regular
I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below)

Column A is the category

Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable, below, meets, exceeds, outstanding) with radio button options.

Column E is the ratings total for whatever rating above is selected 1-5 because their are 5 options

In the the first category Attire- it works perfectly. No matter what I select, it places the right value in BOX E in that row. If I select Unacceptable, it puts a 1 there..if I selected Outstanding it puts a 5.

However- when doing the same thing for the next category in the row below (Qaulity of work), instead of putting a 1-5, it adds one and my values are now 6-10.

How do I get the options buttons to only be 1-5 for each row?

1575601743795.png

Attachments

• 1575601570992.png
    1575601570992.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
1576198328882.png

This worked - saved it..not it is not longer recognizing code. I did not change anything and there are no merged cells. no error messages popped up- it just does nothing when I right click cell now (or double click)

Here is the code

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C:G")) Is Nothing Then
Cells(Target.Row, 3).Resize(, 5).ClearContents
Target.Value = "X"
Cells(Target.Row, 8) = Target.Column - 2
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

I added drop ...let me guess, that conflicts?

Manager name (b-2) is a drop down (data val list)
Property (b3) is a drop down (data val list)
Type (C2) is a drop down (data val list)

Conditonal formatting in C-9 (colors if X is present)

Everything worked until I saved i..and had to save it as macro excel.

Attachments

• 1576198402917.png
    1576198402917.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with that code & it should out an X in col C:G with the "score" in col H.
Check that you have the code in the correct sheet module. Right click the sheet tab > select View code > is the code in the window that opens up?

Upvote 0
View attachment 1954

This worked - saved it..not it is not longer recognizing code. I did not change anything and there are no merged cells. no error messages popped up- it just does nothing when I right click cell now (or double click)

Here is the code

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C:G")) Is Nothing Then
Cells(Target.Row, 3).Resize(, 5).ClearContents
Target.Value = "X"
Cells(Target.Row, 8) = Target.Column - 2
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub
There's nothing wrong with that code & it should out an X in col C:G with the "score" in col H.
Check that you have the code in the correct sheet module. Right click the sheet tab > select View code > is the code in the window that opens up?

Hi FLuff-

Yes, it is in the worksheet 1 windows tab.

I am confused- it was working before I saved it.

Upvote 0

I added drop down columns in a few cells but not in the cells with the range in the code. It worked after that.
It worked when I saved it...but I had to save it as a Marco enabled excel file. When I reopened it, it no longer worked.

Code is in worksheet 1 (the first box that comes up when I enter code.

Upvote 0
If you close Xl down completely & start it up again & open the file, does it work?

Upvote 0
In that case I don't understand why it's not working. :unsure:
If the code is in the correct module, then when you double-click anywhere in cols C:G you should get an X in that cell & the score in col H

Upvote 0
In that case I don't understand why it's not working. :unsure:
If the code is in the correct module, then when you double-click anywhere in cols C:G you should get an X in that cell & the score in col H
So now I am getting the X's again HOWEVER, when I click on another cell in the same row, it just adds another X without replacing the previous selection. Do I need to somehow add a "select one cell only" line an if so How do I do that?

Upvote 0
This line of the code Cells(Target.Row, 3).Resize(, 5).ClearContents should clear columns C:G for that row

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTeaTiger

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back