Problem with Time intelligence in PowerPivot.

mrxlsx

Board Regular
Good afternoon everybody here,

For last 3 or 4 weeks, I have been looking intensely for a solution to my problem over internet. But badluck kicked my ***. I couldn't find any article addressing this issue.

I have few Excel tables...namely fSa*****ok, dStoreIDs, dCalendar, dFreightKeys, dProducts, dCustomers, dEmoluments etc.

Recently, I added a table dTime trying to do some intelligent calculations like in what time my sales are at peak in a particular hour of the day. But I am unable to establish the relationship with the Time column in my fSa*****ok to dTime table as PowerPivot says "Relationship cannot be created because each column contains duplicate values, Select at least one column that contains only unique values".

In the dTime table I have unique times i.e. from 00:00:00 till 23:59:59 (86400 unique time values). But why couldn't I link this with the Time column in my fSa*****ok when I have unique values in my dTime table.

I think I clearly explained the problem, But if you need better picture, I can give only the dTime table at the max. I have no right to share the real data in any way. Ask more questions if you cannot understand anything here. Thanks a ton for all.

mrxlsx.

Scottsen,

I am sending a piece from the actual file. Please try to establish relationship as you did before on the previous file. I still couldn't do this for some reason.

I think it is not working on this particular file only. If you can do this, I assume some thing wrong with the formats at my end.

BTW, I am working on Excel 2010's PowerPivot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GD5M1_zN7bOTFDRFEyODVwREU&authuser=0

mrxlsx

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Somehow it was solved, that's enough for me. One more angle to the question.

If I had all my Dates like this format mmm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss in fSa*****ok's Date column, can I link the same column to dCalendar table'sDate as well as dTimetable's Time column. Because it is having both dates and times in the column, right. Will it work or I have to write some DAX for that to work?

mrxlsx.

Upvote 0
You will need columns of the same type to make a relationship. If you need to create a relationship on date AND time, you will need a single column with date AND time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back