Project Scheduling, Include Weekends, Exclude Holidays...Arghhh...

mlib27

Hi...thank you all for what you do here...tremendous help to the rest of us! Anyway, I'm trying to create a project schedule for the renovation of certain parts of a building. The workdays are slated to be Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, & Tuesdays only. However, on occasion there's a holiday on a Sat, Sun, Mon, or Tues. The information I have is a start date and an estimated number of days required for each renovation area.

So...clearly the workday function is out...looking at my current worksheet, I'm setup as the following...

D20: Quantity of work days required
E20: Start Date (03/19/2011)
F20: Finish Date (this would be start date + D20)

J19:J173: this is a list of all dates that are not work dates, mostly Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, but it also includes some other days such as Mondays that are holidays, etc.

So...what I really really need is a formula for F20 that calculates the end date, but knows that the stuff in J19:J173 are not available as work dates...any ideas????

Thank you!

Thanks again Barry...

I was trying to create a couple worksheets with the formulas...ran into an issue...

On the 1st crew, they are working only Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, unless there's a holiday/off-day, formula seems to be working great...

But we have a 2nd crew, which will be working only Sat & Sun....I've already created the list of holidays/off-days, which lists every weekday and then a bunch of various Saturdays & Sundays that would be holidays/off-days, but the formula seems to be counting Monday & Tuesday as work days...I'm pretty sure the formula knows what days to use, so maybe a slight tweak for this crew so that the formula knows to only use Sat/Sun as workdays?

Thanks again...huge huge help...I'm getting better w/Excel! Sloooowwwwlllllyyyyy...but surely!

Best,

Matt

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammMcCandless

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back