Protect Worksheet against hacking...

Jacra

hi. I was just wondering, with lots of add-ins available nowadays to break passwords for excel worksheets, is there any way we could protect our passwords from being hacked. let's say a vba which could protect a worksheet from add-ins like Ultimate Add-in. Thanks in advance =D

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
No, it's not. Not worksheet protection anyway. Putting a password to open should be fairly secure, but that's about it.

There are applications out there that add security by wrapping your workbook in an exe, something like LockXLS

Upvote 0
how about making a macro that loops back to protecting the sheet again. i have just encountered an excel file previously which i tried to unlock using ultimate addin but was not successful. i noticed that when you try to unprotect it, the file says "not responding". after a while, i didnt close the file yet, a message appears and says it is now unprotected. but when i tried to check, it was still protected.

anyway, i was curious if the concept of looping or making a macro to protect the sheet again is possible if someone tries to use an addin.

thanks again in advance

Upvote 0
what i meant was when an addin is used to unprotect a sheet a macro captures it then re-proctect the sheet. the loop goes like from protected worksheet --->unprotect---->protect---->unprotect........ get it? it is a continuous loop which makes the file hangup or unresponsive(not responding) thus making it somewhat unhackable.

the thing is, i dont know how to make a macro out of it. or how to trigger the macro to protect the sheet again when an addin tries to unprotect it.

Upvote 0
The point Kyle is making is that the user can disable macros in the file you are trying to protect but still have an add-in run its code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amriddin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back