Pull specific data from master table to secondary table based on criteria

kietstrom

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Thanks in advance for the support. I have a raw dataset which has multiple criteria pulled for the same account number. Meaning for 1 source ID I have 2-5 potential rows which have data, such as completed date, task name, prod site. What i am trying to do is based on the source ID, pull all associated task details into 1 row on a separate tab, rather than have all data on separate rows. I have been able to accomplish this by taking all the Source ID's removing the duplicates and pushing the unique values into the Source ID column in the new tab. Using Index(match) I am able to have the new tab "Lookup" the needed detail from the master tab and pull into the new tab in 1 row. So it works fine, but when we are using the same process over 50,000 rows, it takes a whole day to pull the data in the new format..... I am hoping there is a more efficient way to do this? I have looked at other forums with no real luck

Basic premise is to be able to take each individual Source ID and put all associated tasks on the same row, allowing us to easily see who participated in each task for the source ID.

I was not able to find a way to upload the doc but hopefully this image helps

Mr. Excel.jpg

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Is there no efficient way to do what i described above? It takes about 5 hours to pull all the rows to columns to align under the source ID.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back