Pulling in variable to Power Query

mattadams84

Board Regular
I am trying to pull in a variable from an excel sheet to use in power query.

I am basically calling an API and use the following code (this works perfectly by the way)

Power Query:
let
    pagination = (Page as number)=>
let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.my-data-api.com/todays-data?key=xxxxxxxx&date=" & Date.ToText(Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()), 10), "YYYY-MM-DD")&"&page="&Number.ToText(Page))),
    data = Source[data]
in
    data
in
    pagination

What i want to be able to do is change the numerical value of

Power Query:
Date.ToText(Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()), 10),

So in this case i want to change the number 10 and to get that number from a sheet in my workbook.

I have created a table on a worksheet and called the table GET_DATA. This is a one row table with the number contained in a column called "ID"

How can i change this number "10" currently hardcoded to be a variable?

Just copy in the steps from the parameter query after LET and make sure that they have unique step names. You can then refer to the step name further down.

(BTW, you don't need to use double quotes in step names or # unless there's a space in the step name. No idea why Microsoft did this by default. It's a bit of a workaround to a problem they created)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
OK, great, i copied that across and it didnt throw up the firewall error. Now it just asked me to confirm the privacy settings, to which i said ignore privacy data sharing, and it works. I can see why they have these privacy settings, but in my case its only me who will use the file, and im merging data from a table i created to data pulled from an API so there is not much risk! Many thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back