Query editor changes not saved in autosave/autorecover

LW2016

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using Excel 365 and have had this happen multiple times: I am working in query editor with autosave on and auto-recover set to every 2 mins. Excel crashes and/or freezes and I have to re-open. My query editor changes are not saved in the file or the auto-recovery file. Is there a different location for query editor changes? If not, can anyone tell me how to prevent this from happening??

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
No such luck on the auto recovery piece, the changes made in Power Query Editor aren't applied to the file until you close and load. So, save and save often.

Take note of what is being done when your Excel session either freezes or crashes. Is your file too large? Can you change some other queries to Connection Only? Can you temporarily use a scaled down source data while you are in development?

Upvote 0
No such luck on the auto recovery piece, the changes made in Power Query Editor aren't applied to the file until you close and load. So, save and save often.

Take note of what is being done when your Excel session either freezes or crashes. Is your file too large? Can you change some other queries to Connection Only? Can you temporarily use a scaled down source data while you are in development?
It seems to happen when I have more than one instance of Excel open. Changes are saved in auto-recover if I am in PBI desktop, but I would like to avoid copying and pasting from PBI to Query Editor if the end user is going to access via Excel. This is (one of the many reasons) why I hate Microsoft.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back