Questionnaire from PDF to excel (HARD)

Manolocs

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to solve this for days, hope somebody here can help me:
The spreadsheet is of a PDF questionnaire.
The question has a number followed by a question
The alternatives are the mess: it is a), b), c), d) sometimes all together sometimes in another line
In the middle of some lines there are some random numbers maybe are from the PDF page which was copied.
I need to organize the spreadsheet there is more than a thousand questions.
The spreadsheet for your reference and some notes is in this address:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14313867/Workbook.xlsx

sheet1=pdf
sheet2=target (what I would like to see)

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but,

It looks like you need a program to convert it back into Excel
Adobe has such a program. ( About $ 25.00 per year )

If you already have it in Excel, then perhaps you could add a blank row between all of your rows, then when you convert it to PDF it may get spaced out enough.

I hope this helps, I am not sure what else to say.

Good day...

Upvote 0
It seems your data have been copied from a PDF and pasted into Excel. In http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...files-folder-save-data-excel.html#post4644126 I supplied a macro that automates Adobe Acrobat Pro to extract the data from all PDFs in a folder. That may give better results than you now have. Do note that this requires you to have Adobe Acrobat Pro installed, not just the free Reader. If that doesn't work, the macro code there could be adapted to further parse the data before inserting them into Excel.

FWIW, Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 is available as a free download (see: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015.017.20050 Download - TechSpot - note the serial# mentioned there). Updates, to bring it up to 8.3.1 are available from: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/8.x/

Note 1: If you install the updates, you need to install them in order (8.1.0>8.1.1, etc.) and, although some of them will prompt to reboot, you don't need to do so until all of the updates are installed. Your AV software may also mis-identify a print spooler in some of the updates as potential viruses - just tell it to accept them as legit.

Note 2: If you want to use Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 as a Print Driver so you can 'print' to PDF, you'll need to go to Start>Devices and Printers>Adobe PDF>Right-Click>Printer Properties>Advanced, then click the 'Print Directly to Printer' radio button.

Upvote 0
@ Paul Edstein, sorry I did not find the thread you mention. I will try that. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back