Ranking based on text

gmackk

Dear members,

My colleagues and I work together on projects each quarter. Each quarter there is one project Lead, and the rest of us (depending on our availability) are either a Support (i.e. we provide assistance) or else we're Passive (i.e. we're not really involved at all).

Below is an example of the table which we have on file, and which we use to determine who is next in line to be project Lead (e.g. a quick scan across from left to right tells us that "Elaine" is long overdue to be a Lead (having last been one in Q2-16).

What I would find very useful would be to have a league table, or some form of way of ranking who has been "Lead", "Support" and "Passive", most often.

I realize I'm probably just creating work for myself but I would welcome any suggestions you may have of making this task simpler. I am using Excel 2010

Greatly appreciate any suggestions
Gavin

NameQ1-16Q2-16Q3-16Q4-16Q1-17Q2-17Q3-17Q4-17Q1-18Q2-18Q3-18Q4-18
JohnLeadSupportPassiveSupportPassiveSupportSupportPassiveSupportLeadSupportPassive
MarySupportSupportSupportLeadSupportPassiveSupportPassiveSupportPassiveLeadSupport
BenSupportPassiveSupportPassiveLeadSupportPassiveSupportPassiveSupportPassivePassive
JimSupportPassiveSupportSupportPassivePassivePassiveLeadSupportPassiveSupportLead
ElainePassiveLeadPassivePassiveSupportPassivePassiveSupportSupportSupportPassiveSupport
PaulPassivePassivePassivePassivePassiveLeadPassiveSupportPassiveSupportPassivePassive
LisaPassiveSupportLeadPassiveSupportPassivePassivePassivePassivePassiveSupportPassive
KellySupportPassivePassiveSupportSupportPassiveLeadPassivePassiveSupportPassiveSupport
PatSupportSupportSupportSupportPassivePassivePassivePassiveLeadSupportPassivePassive

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back