read only warning issue

ajtilley

Hi i have a problem, i have a simple macro enabled button which loads a second workbook page, unfortunately if someone is already in the workbook it loads it skips the read only warning that states who is currently using the workbook and simply asks for the password and puts them into a read only format.

Is it possible to add an error code or if code that determines that another user is in the file and then tells the person who is in it and that it is going into a read only format.

(I attempted to make the macro a hyper link instead but unfortunately the hyperlink wont copy across the macro enabled settings which i need to make items in the new workbook operate correctly so i have to use a macro to open it)

My current code is:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Code:
Sub Litigation()
'
' Litigation Macro
'
'
Workbooks.Open Filename:="H:\Staff Returns\2010\Litigation.xlsm"
End Sub
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it is a necessary inclusion.

In addition i have noticed if they input the password incorrectly it doesnt bring up an error saying password is incorrect it instead tells them that the macro has had a problem is there code i can add that will provide an error message rather than the debug code?
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back