Reading a remote desktop's current CPU from Excel

USAMax

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I do not expect to get an answer on this one but on the odd chance that someone has done this before I need to find a way to collect current CPU usage of a specific application on a remote server or the top applications that are using the most of the processor's time on a remote server?

I have found answers for some really unbelievable stuff here so I thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks everyone,

Dave

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Thank you very much Jim, this gives me exactly what I was looking for on the local system but I need to be able to check multipule remote systems. I cannot follow everything in this but as it doesn't have a username and password I have to assume it isn't checking a remote system. But kudos to you Jim, it is far better than what I have found.

Dave ӿլ

Upvote 0
winmgmts allows one to work with remote computers. Search the 'Net for winmgmts and you will find the necessary information.
Thank you very much Jim, this gives me exactly what I was looking for on the local system but I need to be able to check multipule remote systems. I cannot follow everything in this but as it doesn't have a username and password I have to assume it isn't checking a remote system. But kudos to you Jim, it is far better than what I have found.

Dave ӿլ

Upvote 0
You may well need system privs like network admin to query remote machines the dot in quotes is substituted for the remote computer name

Upvote 0
I am overwelmed with this as I have not gotten into the winmgmts before. It looks like it will do what I want but I have to manage remote domains using different accounts, that is why I didn't think this would do what I needed. Is there a way to pass ID and Pass to the remote system?

Upvote 0
If you have network admin for the machines in question you should be able to remote query some objects without needing to login to the remote machine, I believe

Upvote 0
My admin user ID has no rights within the other domain. I have to login using Domain\Username for the other domain.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheerfulWalker

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back