jk64

I need a function that records the number of times a cell in a worksheet has a value change.

For example if cell J5 has the value 6 entered and that cell value is changed to 15 this would be recorded as 1 in the cell using the function. If that Cell value is then changed to 11, the cell change would be recorded as 2.
For clarity: I want to be able to put in, say, cell L5 =Cell_Value_Cahnge(J5), and have cell L5 automatically updated as the values in cell J5 change.

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this using the IF() function, but i tried and it wasnt working. I searched around teh web for help and tried taking a stab at VBA, but to no avail. I'm really new to all this code stuff so help would be very much aprreciated.

Hey Peter, Thanks for all of your help recently.

I treied the original code with a live feed, and it wasnt working.
So I took your advice and clicked on the link, but it just led me back to post 6, which wasn't working.

I'm trying to track the number of times quotes I get fed in from bloomberg change.

Have any advice?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
hi Peter,

need your help!!

I need to record changing values of cell, but not every change.

the value of this cell is changing continuously, i want to record values for the past 30 seconds in a 1 second interval.. than if any value in particular is 2% away from the majority wanna ignore it.. add derive an average value..

basically we just need the values of the last 30 seconds so we will have typically have 30 values at any given point.

can you please help.. really appreciate your help..

thanks and regards

Gaurav

Upvote 0
If A1 contain formula the a compile error occur, Please check your code & revise the code.

Please do this....

I am looking for this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back