Reduce two formula commas into one

beginvbaanalyst

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to turn an iferror index match formula for one column and a if(change(vlookup in my second column, into just one column.
How would I go about do this?
My formulas are:
This works for finding out new loans by index matching the type to with the current Join concatenate

=IFERROR(INDEX(Table2[Type],MATCH([@[Join 2]],Table2[Join2],0)),"New")

This works by utilizing the index match to compare and bring over the old balance.

=IFERROR(IF([@[Change V2]]<>[@Type],VLOOKUP([@[Join 2]],'Jan23'!F:J,5,0),"-"),"New")

If data is needed I will provide what I'm doing.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF(INDEX(Table2[Type],MATCH([@[Join 2]],Table2[Join2],0))<>[@Type],VLOOKUP([@[Join 2]],'Jan23'!F:J,5,0),"-"),"New")

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF(INDEX(Table2[Type],MATCH([@[Join 2]],Table2[Join2],0))<>[@Type],VLOOKUP([@[Join 2]],'Jan23'!F:J,5,0),"-"),"New")
Worked like a charm! Had to adjust the lookup array but understood what you were doing.

New question for you, I'm trying to sum the prior month balance of all loan ID that are no longer in my current month as it was paid off. I can use this formula but adjust some values right? For some reason I get it to lookup all balances.

=IFERROR(IF(INDEX(Table2[Balance],MATCH(Table2[@[Loan ID]],[Loan ID],0))<>Table2[Loan ID],VLOOKUP(Table2[@[Loan ID]],'Jan23'!C:I,7,0),"-"),"-")

^Current formula that pulls all balance.
Basically in my head I have if the Jan23 (table 2) loan id doesn't match my current month (Feb23) loan ID, lookup balance of past loan ID to return balance of past loan id. I just specifically want to return the Jan23 (table 2) loan balance if it's no longer in the Feb23 (table 1). I think it's pulling the loan ID balance from all existing loan ids from Feb 23 if it was still in Jan23

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.
Please start a new thread for your new question.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back