Referring to column without cell range

meg9696

I want to automate a spreadsheet data such that:
1. I cut and paste into first sheet some date
2. The second sheet has formulas that execute on the dataset in the first sheet.

The problem I have is that I want to refer to columns in the first sheet without providing a start and finish range, since this could be different depending on the amount of data in first sheet.

One of the formulas in the she second sheet is : =COUNTIFS(Y2:Y47,">=0",Y2:Y47,"<=50")
I would not know the range of column Y, is there a way to refer to that column in another way. Also how can the end of the dataset be known to the formula?

Appreciate any help and pointers. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Sorry everyone, I cant figure out how to upload a screenshot on my desktop!
When I click the image icon, I see insert image but o way to browse to desktop and upload an image.

Upvote 0
Sorry everyone, I cant figure out how to upload a screenshot on my desktop!
You can't. If you need to show an image you can upload it to a public file-share site and then provide a link to there.
However, from my understanding of what you are asking, I don't think we need to see it.

Am I right in thinking that the "second sheet" has some formulas that draw data from TPM_Q3 (& perhaps other places too) and you want to have a pie chart of that information.
If that is correct, then can't you manually create the pie chart and it will automatically update when your formulas update after you paste new data into TPM_Q3?

If that is not the case then I think you will need some vba code, and I'm afraid making charts via code is not an area that I am very skilled in so hopefully somebody else might step in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingwi11y

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back