Relationship not working in measures involving two tables

yoyfreddy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I'm building a dashboard to show the unit cost of Airlines for a school project. I created an index table to show which Cost Category are driven by which Operation Statistics.
1646219207908.png

Here is my measure : Cost/OpStat = DIVIDE('Cost'[Amount measure],'OpStat'[OpStat full Yr],0)
When I apply this measure into a bar chart, with Airline as the Axis, filtering Cost Category = Aircraft Rent. I expect the highlighted bar to represent "Aircraft Rent of Airline AA, divided by AA's No. of aircraft". But it turns out, that bar represents the "Aircraft Rent of Airline AA, divided by all Airline's OpStat (No. of Staff+No. of aircraft+Available Seat Kilometres+...)"
1646219438477.png

Here are the relations of my table.
1646219502025.png

Any experts know what have gone wrong? Thanks in advance! The file can be retrieved here PowerBI debug

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Your data does not make sense - in that you have multiple attributes in the same column - which I can only guess is because you want to be able to filter by Cost Category. I mean, is the whole reason for having the data arranged in your bizarre way just because you want to filter on Cost Category?

Upvote 0
@GlennUK thanks for your reply.
My intention is to to visualize the [Transaction Amount / Operation Statistic] by Cost Category, Airline, and Date. The original post is just a simplified version of my entire data structure to upload on this forum.
But if the relationship isn't working in that simple structure, it will be more difficult for me to apply all three filters in [Transaction Amount / Operation Statistic] measure correctly.

This is the real relationship diagram, sorry i cannot share that file.
1646618254710.png

Upvote 0
;@GlennUK thanks for your reply.
My intention is to to visualize the [Transaction Amount / Operation Statistic] by Cost Category, Airline, and Date. The original post is just a simplified version of my entire data structure to upload on this forum.
But if the relationship isn't working in that simple structure, it will be more difficult for me to apply all three filters in [Transaction Amount / Operation Statistic] measure correctly.

This is the real relationship diagram, sorry i cannot share that file.
View attachment 59435

You are still wanting to filter by Cost Category by the sound of it; Is that the case? Do you see that that does not make sense, as different costs logically should appear in different fields?

Upvote 0
Exactly why can't you share the file for a school project?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back