Reminders for Quarterly Tasks

realPrincessApril

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

At work we have to complete a certain task quarterly for one type of client (let's call them Type Q) and semiannually for another type of client (Type S).

I'd like the cell in column C to highlight to remind me if the current quarter (for Type Q clients) or current half-year (for Type S clients) is within 15 days and I have either not entered a date (i.e., cell is blank, like in C4) or entered one from a prior quarter for Type Q clients or prior half-year for Type S clients. A half-year is defined as between Jan 1 and June 30 or between July 1 and Dec 31 each year. Q1 is Jan 1 to Mar 31, Q2 is Apr 1 to Jun 30, etc.

Client NameClient TypeTask Last Completed
JoeS
7/5/2021​
JaneQ
6/20/2021​
MaryS
BobQ
3/3/2020​

I realize I might be asking a lot but was hoping someone might be able to help with this doozy. :) Thank you for any time and consideration and have a nice rest of your day.

April

Hi James,

I don't think I told you how to make your file, I just explained a formula, but automatically sending an email is now in the realms of VBA and you'd need to open the sheet anyway to trigger the VBA.

I suggest you start a new thread as this one isn't related to automatically sending emails. Post some example data using XL2BB and I'm sure the VBA experts on the forum will assist.
Hi Toadstool,

thanks ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back