Removing all spaces in a cell

jchrisphonte

Hello,

would love to know of any formula that can help remove all spaces in a cell.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jerry

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).

jchrisphonte

ADVERTISEMENT

hmmm... sorry to bother, just tried the substitute formula and the space remained..

i should say that the spaces are in the middle of an email...

for example: bob .smith@abc.com

VoG

Legend
Try copying that space (just the space) and pasting it into another cell (say B1). What does this return

=CODE(B1)

VoG

Legend
Data from a web page probably. Try

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),"")

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parson9

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...