Replacing text on Word document from excel macro

Tecat

Hello,
I have a lot of word documents that need to be constantly updated.
The most important thing that needs to be changed is the dates on the documents.

Each word document has multiple pages, and each page has a date in the format MM/DD/YEAR on the top right hand, no headers.
Also on the cover page, there is also a date in the format "MONTH DD YEAR"
Usually I have close to 90 documents per day and each document has a minimum of 3 pages. This means that I need to make 270 changes in total.

The process so far is to open each document individually and then do a search and replace for the "MM/DD/YEAR", and to type to replace the "MONTH DD YEAR".

The dates will be the same on all files.

I have Office 2013

So I was wondering if it could be possible to create a macro on excel where I could type what I want to be found and replaced. For example on column A I could write the stuff that I want to replace, and on column B I could type the text that is replacing.

I am fairly new to macros, so I still don't know the limitations of them.

Please let me know if you think this could be possible, or if I should post more info.

Thank You

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The documents are used to communicate the renewal of certain licenses that need to be renewed every couple of months.

The documents need to contain the last renewal date and the new renewal date, we do this by updating the dates on the word documents.

Upvote 0
OK that's clearer, does that mean the documents are actually all different, and how would the excel file know which licence is to be updated as I suspect there is overlap

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back