Report design help

Zzyzzyth

Board Regular
I have a report that returns a list of vendors and the product codes that they supply. Since the detail section is 1 field, I would like for it to print 3-5 products on the same line, rather than row after row. It's making the report many pages more than it has to be.

Here's how the report shows up now:

ABC Trucking Co. (Address) (City) etc..................

I would like for it to come out like this:

ABC Trucking Co. (Address) (City) etc..................
45678 23456 12345

How do you tell Access to repeat fields on the same row when there are multiple records returned from the query?

As always, thank you in advance.

OK. I found the link fields. It's almost working.
It still keeps applying the column layout to the Vendor area, it's trying to put the product codes at the end of the vendor rows, even though I have the subreport in the detail section, and it keeps repeating the product codes.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Well, sitting here floundering, I experimented enough to get the layout I want. The only issue I need to resolve is that it still keeps repeating the product codes. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Sorry, but I had a date. Could you tell us just what is happening with the repeating product codes? Is it doing them over and over without end, or just one extra repeat, or ????
That will help us help you.

Upvote 0
Sorry about removing my post. I realized straight away that it wasn't going to work, and took it off, to avoid confusing things.

Upvote 0
I had a play and came up with something that might do the job. It doesn't require a sub-report.

1. Build a report, sorting and grouping on Address. In Design view, make sure the Address has both a header and a footer.

2. Right-click the Address footer, and in the Properties, change Page Break to After Section.

3. Copy the Address and related fields to the Page header and lay it out as you want. Make sure the Address field is still in the Address header, and set its height to 0.

4. Set the height of the Address header and footer to 0.

5. Make sure that the only field in the Detail section is Product. Adjust its width to suit the number of columns you want.

6. In Page Setup, go to Columns. I set my report to 4 columns, wrapping across then down, with column spacing to fit on the page. Play with widths and margins to suit your requirements.

Each store will get its own page, with products wrapped below.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back