Report / Subreports

Nunzie23

Board Regular
Hi.

I was wondering if i can get some help. I have a database which records different review dates for clients regarding different services, i.e. John Doe has Review Date1, Review Date2 and Review Date3.

I have created an individual query for each of those where it prompts me upon opening it for which date I'm looking for, i.e. Enter a date for Review Date1 ex. Jul-11, etc.

I have that part working fine. All is well there. What I then did was create a report to be able to view/print that information easily. On the report I added subforms for each of those review date queries and when I open the report, it prompts me to enter the dates I'm looking for on each of them. Ok...still all going well. NOW...this is where I need the help. If I want to print that report I just generated, when I hit print, it asks me for all of those dates all over again. How do I get it to stop asking me for the criteria again after I print? I don't want to set the report to print right off the bat in the settings because sometimes it just needs to be viewed not printed. Yet, if I want to print the report I just want it to print the information i'm viewing in the print preview without asking me a second time for all the criteria.

Am I missing just a simple setting somewhere or am I doing this all wrong?? Please help.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Use a FORM for the date inputs. Then you can just refer to it for each of the queries and then it is a one-time entry and can be used over and over without re-entry until it is closed. Forms are your friend. Forms are user friendly. And here's several more reasons why you should avoid parameter prompts in queries and use forms instead:
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763

Upvote 0
Forgive my ignorance as I'm new to creating databases, but what do you mean by use a form? I record all the information intially on a form if that is what you mean, when I'm entering all the information for clients i.e. name, address, various info we collect including when we want to note the reviews. So all that would initially be entered on reforms and updated when necessary or as things change.

Its when I want to generate a report asking out of all the clients who has a review date of XX for Review Date1.

Upvote 0
What I mean is you have a form (different one than what you use for input) that has a text box on it (we'll call it txtDate) and the person types the date into it and then clicks a button to open the report. The queries refer to that text box on that form (we'll call it frmDateInput) in their criteria replacing the parameter prompts with:

[Forms]![frmDateInput]![txtDate]

The user will need to type it in with US date format (mm/dd/yyyy) or in a non-ambiguous format ( 3 Jan 2011) in order for it to like it. You can also format it so they can enter it however:

Format([Forms]![frmDateInput]![txtDate], "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#")

So they don't have to worry about it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back