riddle me that

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
If the barbarians are smart enough to pose mathematical challenges for survival, surely they’d be smart enough to give you 2 jars which hold no more than 50 marbles each.

A:
yes! If they hang him then he told the truth. If they shoot him then he lied.

Q:
There was this black dog in the middle of a black road all the houses are black and the moon and stars weren't out. The power was out in this town and a guy whose headlights were out was driving down the road and almost hit the dog but he swerved just in time. How did the man see the dog?

Code:
Comment: 
Please follow up with a riddle you heard before, or look one up if you don't know any

There was this black dog in the middle of a black road all the houses are black and the moon and stars weren't out. The power was out in this town and a guy whose headlights were out was driving down the road and almost hit the dog but he swerved just in time. How did the man see the dog?
They were in Alaska or near the North Pole where for half of the year it is light 24 hours a day!

A:
that's correct enough, the answer is slightly simpler >> "it's daylight"

Q:
97% of Harvard grads couldn't answer this, yet 84% of kindergartenchildren answered this on an average of 6 minutes.

I turn polar bears white and I will make you cry
I make guys have to pee and girls comb their hair
I make movie stars look stupid and normal people look like movie stars
I turn pancakes brown and make your champagne bubble
If you squeeze me, I'll pop, and if you look at me you'll pop

Can you solve this riddle?

Regarding the "polar bear...pop" riddle: I can only conclude CHUCK NORRIS!

I ended up googling the riddle and can't say as I agree with the answer given in regards to the "pancakes brown" and "if you squeeze me, I'll pop" clues -- unless one is familiar with the children's poem that is cited as the root of the riddle, those clues really don't work too well.

And I did note that in the black dog riddle, you never said it was night, coulda been noon based on the info presented.

Here's sort of a riddle back:

How high would you have to count before you would use the letter A in the English language spelling of a whole number? (Assumes you start at zero and go up.)

How high would you have to count before you would use the letter A in the English language spelling of a whole number? (Assumes you start at zero and go up.)
One-thousand?

What about one hundred and one?:)

Yup. Bit surprising, ain't it.
'Tis.

I am more curious about IKNOWU99's last riddle. Is it all one riddle, and many different riddles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back